PARISH OF PRIOR NEWSLETTER
DUN GEAGAN – PORTMAGEE – THE GLEN
Email:email@example.com Mobile: 087-8119770
17th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Sunday 27th July 2014
Solomon prayed for the wisdom to discern the true value if things. We scarcely need the Wisdom of Solomon to realise that in finding the love of God and the kingdom of God we have found a treasure beyond price. It is in the joy of this realisation that we hold our celebration today.
Recently Deceased: Tom Nolan Kildare R.I.P.
Mass Intentions for the coming week:
Sat 26th Portmagee 7.30pm Jackie & Nora Falvey
Sun 27th The Glen 10.00am Michael O Sullivan
Dun Geagan 11.30am Sheila Keating
Mon 28th Portmagee 7.30pm Michael O Shea
Tue 29th Dun Geagan 7.30pm Sheila Keating
Wed 30th No Mass
Thu 31st Portmagee 7.30pm Bridget & Daniel O Sullivan
Fri 1st Portmagee 7.30pm Nualeen Griffin
Sat 2nd Portmagee 7.30pm Mary McCarthy
Sun 3rd The Glen 10.00am Mikey Brennan
Dun Geagan 11.30am James (Crowley) Brennan
Climb till your dreams come true !
Often your tasks will be many, And more than you think you can do,
Often the road will be rugged, And the hills insurmountable too.
But always remember the hills ahead, Are never as steep as they seem,
And with faith in you heart, start upwards, And climb till you reach your dream.
For faith is a mover of mountains, There’s nothing that God cannot do.
So start out today with faith in your heart, And climb till your dreams come true !
• Altar Servers for next weekend 2nd / 3rd August 2014
Dun Geagan: Ben O Connor & Senan O Connell
The Glen: Fionán & Sive O Sullivan
Portmagee Cliona & Michael Murphy Cian O Sullivan & Sean Kennedy
• Envelope Collection last weekend amounted to €670.00
Offertory Collection last weekend:
Dun Geagan €734.09 Portmagee €159.85 The Glen €174.16
Thank you for your support & kind generosity.
• On behalf of the people of the parish of Prior our congratulations to Fr Paddy Sugrue on celebrating his Golden Jubilee. Wishing him every blessing and good health in his future ministry.
• Next Friday is the first Friday of the month. Holy Communion calls will be on Tues 5th August at the usual times.
• Graveyard Mass & blessing of the graves 7.30pm Fri 8th Aug in Glen Graveyard
• Irish Water Safety will be holding swimming lessons at Ballinskelligs beach from Monday 28th of July to Friday 1st of August. Meet for registration at bottom of car park at 10.00am on Monday. Cost per child €25. For further information please telephone Area Contact Noreen King at 087 2414212.
• CCE Barr na Sráide presents A Night of Traditional Music, Song & Dance in Portmagee Community Centre on Thurs 31st July at 8.30pm. Everyone welcome to come along and enjoy the evenings entertainment,
• Tom Mc Bride Bursary Fund is available for individuals who wish to pursue further education/ training. Funding is designed to assist people on low income. Further info email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 066-9761615/ 0879631935
• Ardfert Retreat Centre will be running a Certificate in Spirituality this Autumn. It is designed for adults to share the Word of God in family life, Parish life and the wider community. For further details contact Ardfert Retreat Centre on 066 7134276 or email email@example.com
• The Water Margin is in Cappanacush East, Kenmare, Co. Kerry. Explore this beautiful garden in one of the most scenic areas of Ireland. Open from 2pm – 5pm each day of the August bank holiday weekend. Plants will be for sale and refreshments will be served throughout the weekend. Donations in aid of Cork Simon Community services for people who are homeless at your generous discretion. For more info contact 021 4929410 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Céad Míle Fáilte to all who are visiting our parish at this time or home on holidays. We pray you have a good rest and we pray for safety for all those on our roads.
• Please respect an atmosphere of silence in the Church, especially after Mass. The Church is a sacred place. Thank You.